4 days left
Orlight Ltd - St Albans
Web Designer at Orlight - £20,000 - £25,000 (DOE)
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-6pm
Location: Victor Way, Radlett Road, Colney Street, St Albans, AL2 2FL.
Benefits: Pension Scheme, 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
Established in 1997, Orlight is a long-standing dominant force within the architectural lighting market internationally. We provide unparalleled lighting products and services delivered in a unique manner to our ever changing and exciting industry sector.
Your role will combine elements of graphic design, website design, and website development. Some experience therefore in branding, logo design, assets, brochure design and e-mail design would be desirable. It is important that the web element of the business accurately reflects all other marketing material. A comprehensive knowledge of SEO wold be advantageous. Experience with Social Media is also desired, however a knowledge and willingness to explore this area further would be desired. You will also be providing development support for our clients and so knowledge and confidence in HTML, PHP and WordPress are essential. Experience in mobile app development is an advantage, but not necessary. You will be responsible for creating and developing innovative, ground-breaking ideas to engage both national and international clients.
The successful candidate should be a self-motivated individual with energy and enthusiasm in abundance, capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. They must be a confident communicator who works effectively in a team and independently. We are looking for someone who is able to use their initiative, whilst also taking direction from their team leader and Marketing Manager. Interdepartmental skills are key as they will be working closely with the Manufacturing and Sales teams to deliver consistent technical data across all online content.
- Confident communicator able to work interdepartmentally
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a fast moving/changing and pressurised environment
- Contribute effectively in a team and work independently
- Be highly organised to manage simultaneous projects
- Communicate with other departments effectively
- Critical thinker and problem solving abilities
- Excellent visualiser and user focused design skills with an eye for detail
- Hand code HTML, CSS
- Knowledge of: MySQL, Maria Database, Mongo Database or NoSQL, Spark advantageous but not essential
- Be well versed in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of Social Media channels
To apply please send your CV, a covering letter, and a sample portfolio of your work relevant to the job role.
Further information about Orlight is available at: www.orlight.com
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Web Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly