Design / Production Coordinator
Design / Production Coordinator / London / £25k - £30k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Furniture, Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Rhino, Keyshot, CAD, Interior, Art, Installation, Production.
A leading studio in contemporary design and art are looking to grow their team and are currently looking for a talented Design / Production Coordinator. The studio is well known for their ability to translate their creativity into simple yet emotionally engaging furniture and product design. Their work is regularly praised in the design press and is sought after by discerning collectors and furniture producers. Working with some of the biggest names in Architecture, Interiors and Design this London based studio has been designing and delivering pioneering and exciting work for 30 years.
THE DESIGN / PRODUCTION COORDINATOR JOB
- Work closely with the wider design team with the production and development of furniture.
- Overseeing the manufacture and construction of pieces and reporting to the managers and directors in the company.
- Interpreting sketches and producing technical drawings and documents specifying the manufacture of furniture pieces.
- To liaise with design teams and manufacturers, overseeing the construction and development of a project.
- Quality control - to be responsible for the condition check and quality control of all pieces received in and departing the various gallery sites. Including all necessary administration work surrounding the condition of the pieces.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing process, materials and finish.
- Able to multitask and manage time effectively, with excellent organisational and administrative skills.
ABOUT THE DESIGN / PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
- Educated in product and/or furniture design.
- Experience in Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience within the high end / luxury industry.
- Experience producing production drawings and sound knowledge of furniture construction.
- Fantastic communication skills and well presented.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are also of the utmost importance. Fluent in English is a must, and knowledge of other languages would be desirable (French, Italian, German).