Senior Design Engineer
As one of the leading specialists in the design and manufacture of auditorium and concourse seating, this company work closely with their clients architects to adapt existing seat designs or develop completely new seat designs. They also have a range of their own standard stacking chairs.
They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Design Engineer with a wide skill set who is able to work within a small multi-tasking environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all products are engineered properly from a prototyping perspective
- The design of new seats, or mechanisms (e.g. tipping systems) that form part of a seat
- Adapting existing designs to suit the particular requirements of a new client
- Working with clients' architects, preparing optimised layouts of seats to meet legal, ergonomic and functional requirement
- Project managing to ensure that the design cycle allows production targets to be met. This involves interaction with suppliers and sub-contractors
Summary of Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in design and production engineering
- Good workshop prototyping skills and good problem solving skills
- Experience of Bills of Materials
- A practical knowledge of mechanical engineering conventions and practices particularly relating to welding, steel work, fixings etc.
- Excellent proficiency with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Creative, but blended with accuracy and attention to detail