Packaging artworker Jnr – Mid £21-30K dep on exp NW London
Friendly and collaborative design agency based in NW London is looking for a junior and a mid weight packaging artworker. You will mainly be responsible for preparing technically correct packaging artwork ready for print for one of our blue chip clients, a leading mother and childcare brand. Fluency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are essential. Great agency environment with a good life work balance of little or no overtime and flexitime policy offered too.
You must be very detail oriented, have excellent organisation skills and be able to keep calm under pressure. The role will suit someone who is comfortable working with checklists, processes and guidelines which are required due to the heavily regulated nature of this client's industry. Being a great communicator you will work closely with the design team and project manager to ensure the smooth transition of proofs from the studio through the production department and delivery to the printer.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience wanting to develop their knowledge in the technical aspects of packaging artwork and who takes pride in producing high quality work. Please note that this is a mainly technical role so may not suit aspiring designers!
• Preparing technically correct packaging artwork to exacting standards ready for print
• Providing close support to the design team and project manager to ensure projects run smoothly from proof stage to artwork delivery
• Setting up 'print-ready' master artwork templates on supplied cutter guides ready for large roll-outs by the design team
• Using checklists and processes to maintain high quality and accurate artwork
• Depending on work demands you may also be required to accurately flow in languages and codes on multi-lingual pack artworks, proofing via our online approval tool and managing amends and approvals from multiple stakeholders
• Working with spot colours and special finish separations
• Liaising with clients and print suppliers in the UK and abroad
• Ensuring artwork adheres to range and brand guidelines
• Sharing knowledge within the production and design team and constantly reviewing processes to make improvements throughout the workflow
• Giving printers' 'contract proofs' the final checks and approval before they go to press
• Creating 3D pack mock-ups in Photoshop
• Running inkjet proofs using GMG ColorProof for colour standards and maintaining the large format Epson printer
• Using GMG OpenColor proofs to accurately predict colour specific to a printer and substrate
• Colour management for offset litho and occasionally flexo print processes
• 'Cleaning' process colours for optimised reproduction
• Occasionally preparing brochures and other marketing communications materials for print or online use