Midweight Artworker (packaging)
Award winning friendly agency is looking for a methodical midweight packaging artworker.
You will mainly be responsible for preparing technically correct packaging artwork ready for print for one of the agency’s blue chip clients.
Fluency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are essential. Once trained we will need you to help check artworks from more junior members of the production team before artwork is released. In the mid to long term we are looking for someone with the potential and aspiration to take on a more senior role in the production department.
You must be very detail oriented, have excellent organisation skills and be able to keep calm under pressure. The role will suit someone who is comfortable working with checklists, processes and guidelines, which are required due to the heavily regulated nature of this client's industry. Being a great communicator you will work closely with the design team and project manager to ensure the smooth transition of proofs from the studio through the production department and delivery to the printer.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 4+ years experience wanting to develop their knowledge in the technical aspects of packaging artwork, who takes pride in producing high quality work and is looking to take the next step up in their career path. Please note that this is a mainly technical role so may not suit aspiring designers!
• Preparing technically correct packaging artwork to exacting standards ready for print
• Working with the Production Director to mentor junior members of the team and freelancers
• Checking artwork before release as part of quality control procedure
• Depending on work demands you may also be required to accurately flow in languages and codes on multi-lingual pack artworks, proofing via the online approval tool and managing amends and approvals from multiple stakeholders
• Providing close support to the design team and project manager to ensure projects run smoothly from proof stage to artwork delivery
• Setting up 'print-ready' master artwork templates on supplied cutter guides ready for large roll-outs by the design team
• 'Cleaning' process colours for optimised reproduction
• Using checklists and processes to maintain high quality and accurate artwork
• Working with spot colours and special finish separations
• Liaising with clients and print suppliers in the UK and abroad
• Ensuring artwork adheres to range and brand guidelines
• Sharing knowledge within the production and design team and constantly reviewing processes to make improvements throughout the workflow
• Giving printers' 'contract proofs' the final checks and approval before they go to press
• Creating 3D pack mock-ups in Photoshop
• Running inkjet proofs using GMG ColorProof for colour standards and maintaining the large format Epson printer
• Using GMG OpenColor proofs to accurately predict colour specific to a printer and substrate
• Colour management for offset litho and occasionally flexo print processes
• Occasionally preparing brochures and other marketing communications materials for print or online use