Digital Designer - Topshop
A BIT ABOUT
Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
An exciting Digital Designer role has arisen in the TOPSHOP Digital department. Working within the core design team, this is an opportunity to get involved in helping to define, design and improve Topshop.com as a whole. We are looking for a midweight designer who is focused on furthering the Topshop experience across all of the brand’s digital channels. Candidates should be full of ideas and passion for digital design and have a strong interest in fashion, digital innovation and pixel perfection. The role will encompass both editorial and UI design; designing beautiful editorial features, working on layout, concept and art direction with our Editorial team, in addition to working closely with UX designers to creatively develop and improve the main structure of Topshop Digital’s future offering. The role will work across all of our platforms from Desktop and Mobile to Apps and Social.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Working across multiple channels with the digital design team to produce innovative solutions and high quality design for the eCommerce site and other digital platforms.
- Working on specific sections of the desktop site, mobile site and apps to improve functionality and aesthetics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of web development and platforms to inform design decisions
- Develop strong User Interfaces and develop UX wireframes/layouts into pixel perfect designs that not only look beautiful but also perform for our business.
- Working closely with UX designers to improve user journeys and push Topshop’s offering.
- Working alongside a talented team of digital and print designers to make sure all projects are aligned and match the strong brand identity.
- Continually maintain awareness of customer’s user behavior to maximize their experience and to generate sales.
- Keeping up to date with digital innovations and competitors to help inform innovative ideas.
- Aiding the wider design team in the understanding and production of good User Interface and Editorial design.
- 2-4 years working in Digital Design, preferably from a Fashion/eCommerce background
- Strong interest in Fashion and eCommerce
- Experience designing cross-platform (in fashion or lifestyle preferably) - understanding the specifics of designing for Desktop, Mobile, Tablets and Apps
- Knowledge of various grid based design frameworks (Foundation/Bootstrap etc) and UI design methodologies (card based/responsive/adaptive/Material etc).
- Experience with Wireframing/Prototyping tools (Invision etc)
- Strong sense of typography and layout and good attention to detail
- Awareness of good contemporary digital design & pixel perfection
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (experts in Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Proficient knowledge of Web Design packages (Sketch etc)
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS capabilities.
- Experience of web development is preferable but not essential.
- Personal Work Examples/Portfolio
- Experience of supporting/mentoring junior designers encouraging them develop and widen their skillset
- Ability to work quickly and on many projects at once, changing priorities if necessary
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm for constantly improving the content of the site
- Above all, enthusiasm and a passionate vision of what you could bring to our brand
- Ability to communicate the TOPSHOP brand across all digital platforms
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.