Head of User Experience - London
My client has 50 years of heritage, with a burning desire to stay cutting edge in the youth space. They are selling a product which genuinely changes people's lives and is someone great to be a part of! They have a large global reach (with the resources to match), but are dynamic enough that you will have significant influence over the overall direction of the brand.
Head of User Experience - Key Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for delivering world calls digital experiences, and owning the UX and digital design proposition from inception to delivery
- Leading a team of digital and UX designers; inspiring them and growing their capabilities to bring leading edge user centred design thinking across the business
- Keep up with new UX technologies, techniques and tools to foster innovation
- Owning the team's work to ensure delivery of meaningful digital experiences, as well as consistency and high quality output, delivered to timeline.
- Be able to work in the detail of design, but also elevate to understand and direct the strategic approach and overarching business objectives
- Work with software developers to ensure the flows and interactions are built to specification
- Prioritisation, planning, estimation and resourcing of work with product ownership team
- Representing the design function (and our users) in discussions with senior stakeholders
- Be an active part of the wider creative and marketing team to collaborate, manage the delivery of work execute on marketing objectives
- Working with the product owner team to define a robust insights plan (including qualitative/quantitative info, user testing and analytics), feeding into the UX process
Head of User Experience - Key Skills
- Fluent in wire framing/prototyping (Sketch, Adobe etc)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS
- A proven track record in delivering well thought out, insight driven, multi-channel strategies and solutions, with a strong understanding of wider business impacts and considerations
- Experience across all areas of UX including: research, insights, strategy, experience architecture, IA, design, multiple device formats, optimisation, testing and analytics
- The ability to work at a strategic conceptual level but equally comfortable in the detailed definition of a well thought out experience.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- Passionate about 'the user' and extraordinary experiences with a desire to be part of the digital revolution, 5+ years' experience working in a team leadership role
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "CHRIS MCCABE" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Chris McCabe | DD: + 44| 207 845 7279. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.