Financial Controller for Creative Agency in Clerkenwell
A multidisciplinary cultural design agency is looking to recruit an experienced and driven Financial Controller to join their friendly and busy studio in the heart of Clerkenwell. This agency work within the built environment and property sectors and are well known and respected in their division.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA Financial Controller responsible for the accounting, reporting, analysis of financial results, forecasting and financial control for the business operations. You should have knowledge of how to collate, summarise and evaluate information with a view to reporting back to the Company's Senior Project Managers, Departmental Heads and Directors on feasibility, efficiency and performance. You should have previous post-qualification experience working as a Financial Controller or Project Accountant within a similar sector such as design agency, architects practice or project driven design consultancy and have experience of working with project management systems.
- Working with the Senior Project Managers and Departmental Heads on tenders, fee proposals and competition/bid-related matters to ensure that the pricing of work is in line with charge-out rates
- Maintaining and updating all financial cost models and financial bid processes
- Providing Company financials, insurances and warranties for new business and competition/bid purposes
- Accurate and timely monthly closing of financial statements
- Accurate and timely management reporting of results of operations including analysis of results
- Financial planning: annual operating plan, quarterly financial forecasting within the framework of the Company planning and forecasting process, setting and producing yearly budgets/forecasts and review of risk, mitigation and opportunities.
- Collection from clients
- Advanced knowledge of Xero Accounting software and is PC and Mac literate
- Maintaining project-related records, including Contracts, Purchase Orders and Fee proposals
- Analysing new projects (with a view to developing a robust approach re timing, risk and opportunity and challenging SPM's where necessary)
- Anticipating financial concerns and/or escalating issues and dealing with effectively
- Ensuring correct financial input is given in all project reviews
- Ensuring reporting and accounting of projects is in line with contractual requirements
- Making, reviewing and amending any project accruals (internal or external costs)
- Ensuring all changes to projects are incorporated correctly into the financial reporting of the project
- Reviewing and approving supplier invoices related to a project
- Reviewing and approving time sheets for work related to a project
- Reviewing and approving overhead charges to be applied to a project
- Reviewing account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Reporting to senior management on (i) project profitability; (ii) any opportunities for additional billing; (iii) remaining funds available for projects; (iv) any other relevant matters
- Creating and approving all project-related invoicing to clients
- Investigating all project expenses not billed to clients
- Responding to client requests
- Approving the write off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from clients
- Ensuring all relevant accounting policies and standards are followed to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial performance
- Inter-company reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Manage Group cash flow and forecasting
- Investigate variances (actual against budget)
- Completion of all company statutory compliance, including VAT Return
- Demonstrable management & leadership experience
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Processing payroll run in conjunction with HR
- Arranging and maintaining all company insurances, indemnities and warranties
The Financial Controller will have strategic input into business growth and will be responsible for the delivery of a proactive commercial and management accounting function. You will be responsible for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances and providing reports, ensuring that all projects have financial control and that invoices to clients are raised and paid in a timely manner. You will play an active role in managing the company's finances, as well as offering commercial insight for future projects. This is a standalone position but you will have support from an external accounting advisor where necessary.
Please apply without delay.
Apply for Financial Controller for Creative Agency in Clerkenwell
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly