Howdens Joinery is an innovative and exciting business with an exceptionally talented employee community. Established in 1995 Howdens has evolved into a company with a turnover of over £1.3billion, employing 8,000+ people in over 600 locations across the country. Howdens Supply over 400,000 inspirational kitchens each year to homes in the UK. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values. We attribute our success to our staff, and therefore we take great pride in the fact that the company has recently been ranked number 7 in the Sunday Times Best 25 Big Companies to work for, as it highlights our commitment to our employee engagement and the value of our employees in achieving our business goals. In return for their hard work, we offer attractive salaries and outstanding incentives in recognition of contribution and performance.
INTERIOR/ EVENT DESIGNER
The interior design role is for an experienced, talented and ambitious creative who strives in a busy working studio. The ideal person will have good knowledge of working in architectural environments and be able to deliver the complete design and build process. You will be able to handle juggling multiple types of projects ranging from graphic to bespoke furniture to exhibition displays and large corporate design exhibition/events. Experience of working within the kitchen industry is desirable, combined with a good knowledge of current lifestyle trends that translate into your designs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to work with a great team of people and progress within the business working in our Design Studio based in Howden, East Yorkshire. Howden is a small village/town commutable from nearby York, Leeds and the general Humberside and Yorkshire area.
The role will involve travel across the UK and abroad where required.
REQUIRMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- A design degree or higher preferably in interior design and/or architecture.
- An experienced designer with a proven track record of interior design.
- Exhibition/Event design experience is desirable.
- To understand and interpret a design brief to create product displays, spaces and bespoke items that are original and technically thought through.
- Excellent attention to detail, producing technical drawings for the refit team to generate inspirational displays for events.
- Be highly organized and efficient, able to multi-task through tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Present design direction in clear and compelling frameworks, also to non-designers
- Are curious and constantly feeding your intellectual and visual curiosities.
- Proficient in CAD packages and Adobe.
If this is a role that interests you we would love to hear from you, pleases email your CV and include 3-5 work images which demonstrating your creativity and expertise. To apply for this position please click the Apply button.