Senior Interior Designer - Student Accommodation
Stride Treglown are currently looking for a Senior Interior Designer to join our Interior Design team in our Bristol office. Recent Student Accommodation or Hotel experience an advantage.
We are an employee owned business with a culture of collaboration, where our teams of Architects and Interior Designers deliver award winning projects. Our Interior Designers work on projects nationally across a variety of sectors including Higher Education, Student Accommodation, Work Place and Hotels & Leisure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on large scale new build projects within a diverse and growing team. You will be required to run projects independently in a client facing role which requires excellent design and technical skills. The role will require regular travel to different sites across the country.
As part of our Interior Design team you will be based in our Head Office in Clifton Village, Bristol by the world famous Clifton Suspension Bridge. This beautiful area of Bristol has the feel of a village but with access to all the culture and amenities of a vibrant city. For those looking to move to Bristol this is fantastic area to live and work surrounded by parks and countryside.
- Developing briefs and setting project schedules with clients
- Leading and inspiring a small team of talented interior designers and technical staff
- Taking responsibility and ownership of multiple projects from inception through to completion
- Generating and developing concepts, managing development of 3d visuals and presenting proposals
- Liaising with clients and building strong relationships
- Working collaboratively with internal and external architects
- Conducting feasibility studies for projects
- Research and gathering information
- Considering materials and costs within agreed budgets
- Sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration, providing samples to the client
- Working closely with project teams to establish costs and programmes
- Coordinating construction packages and producing detailed drawings with the support of a team
- Coordination with contractor and other consultants, attending DTMs and overseeing projects on site
- The key attributes of the senior level Interior Designer include:
- The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of designing and delivering student accommodation or hotel projects
- Experience of managing designs to an agreed budget with their client
- An understanding of the appropriate building regulations and legislation
- You will be a great communicator
- You will be able to manage multiple projects at various stages
- Producing and delivering design presentations to clients
- Strong client care skills
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to work independently
- You will have technical knowledge, and have a track record of realising your design ideas
- You will have good product knowledge and able to specify FF&E and produce specification documents
- You will be client facing, able to liaise with clients, consultants and contractors
- It would be desirable if you are able to use Revit and/or other 3d modelling software and Adobe CS
- Hand sketching – desirable
If you wish to apply for this role please visit our website via the Apply button.
Please ensure that you include your Cover Letter, CV, and Portfolio.
We unfortunately cannot accept any applications by email.
We look forward to your application.