Middleweight to Senior
3D Environments Designer (Middleweight AND Senior Level)
Our client designs meaningful experiences with emotion and purpose that change the way people think, feel and do. They don’t design for narrow roles like ‘users’ or ‘consumers’, humans are far more interesting and complex than that. They don’t design in artificial disciplines, or think purely ‘digital’ or ‘physical’; reality is more fluid and interconnected than that. They create whole experiences, entire ecosystems of products, services and spaces that become more than the sum of their parts. Their holistic approach has generated extraordinary value for their impressive client portfolio.
The London office is looking for a Middleweight AND Senior Designer to work within their growing interdisciplinary studio to create radical, innovative experiences.
The agency prides themselves hiring multi skilled people so while you will have a specialism (Architecture and / or Interior design) at which you excel, your role will also include being asked to think and work across all design disciplines to assist in the production of physical and digital experiences. The person must be able to work with direction from more senior creative personnel within the studio, with strong listening skills and the ability to interact with a variety of stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
● Define and develop creative concepts for 3D environments such as retail,
hospitality, service or leisure spaces in line with creative brief requirements
and to meet the client’s objectives.
● Prepare creative concepts for client presentations in the form of hand
sketches, 3D models, 2D drawings, illustrations and / or diagrams.
● Take ownership of quality of creative content (senior)
● Support Design Director in production of written presentations and proposals
● Material and reference imagery research and preparation of mood boards.
● Preparation and management of design intent and design development
drawing packages in the form of 2D CAD drawings; including design intent
detailing and material specification.
● Present ideas to rest of team.
● Present ideas to client teams as required (senior)
● Liaise with design consultants and external project management teams as
● Manage and supervise junior and mid-weight members of the team(senior)
● Liaise across all departments and disciplines to produce the best response to
● Liaise with other designers in our global studios as and when required (senior)
● Report into and review work with both Studio Directors and Principals (senior)
● A degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, 3D Design or similar field.
● 5-8 years of experience in any of the above fields (FOR SENIOR ROLE)
● 3-5 years of experience in any of the above fields (FOR MW ROLE)
● Creative individual with strong design skills, able to express ideas in a variety
of media including hand sketches, 3D modeling, renderings and collages.
● Design obsessive, aware of best practice in industry; driven to advance our
understanding of its potential.
● Good understanding of a range of experience design related issues including
brand positioning, customer profiling, customer experience journeys and retail
and exhibition design principles.
● Ability to think and design strategically and conceptually.
● Familiar and confident in the production and management of Design
Development and / or Design Intent drawing packages and specification of
materials and finishes.
● Be able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude.
● Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
● Ability to effectively present ideas (both verbally and visually)
● Exposure with multidisciplinary design projects desired but not essential.
● Proficiency in 2D CAD package required; AutoCAD preferred.
● Proficiency in 3D modeling and rendering software; Rhino and C4D
● Proficiency in Adobe CS suite of programs desired.
Proficiency in iOS software (Keynote, Pages) desired but not essential.
The following outlines the compensation package for the position:
Base salary: £38-45K (SENIOR) £29-37K (Middleweight)
Annual bonus: Proportional to success of the office
Vacation: 20 days annually + birthday.
Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision Plan (post 3mo probation)
Annual Education Budget
Notice period: 4 weeks (post 3mo probation)
Start Date: ASAP