Design Manager / Senior Designer / Head of Design
Independent business consultancy in Central/SE London require a Head of Design for their very busy medium sized studio.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead the team and manage the resources available, ensuring that the projects into the studio are delivered to the highest creative standards and on time and on budget. You will manage an individual portfolio of work in addition to the management role, being responsible for complex design projects and oversee the creative development and management of the brand’s visual identity.
Key Qualities, Skills and Responsibilities
- Being the brand guardian
- Adopting a ‘hands-on’ approach to help the team with concept development
- Ensuring the right resource is available and that the creative team is involved from the beginning of a project
- Being responsible for the quality of output for all creative work
- Striving for continuous improvement and excellence
- Mentoring, developing and coaching the team
- Creating an inspiring and positive culture
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and multi-task
- Reporting frequently and openly on projects, issues and plans
- Being a member of the senior leadership team within marketing and supporting the wider team in decision making where appropriate
- Experience managing a design studio team – either in-house or agency
- At least 5 years’ experience in design with excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages
- The ability to conceptualise ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A methodical approach to work
- Being pragmatic and able to work under pressure
- Strong leadership skills, to motivate and direct a team
- The ability to see other people's point of view and cope with criticism
- Awareness of, and sensitivity towards, different working practices and cultures when working with other countries
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a major brand, with a very competitive salary and bonus and excellent benefits.