Creative Director - Shopper Marketing Agency
Come join an award-winning internal creative agency.
This is your chance to influence how the LEGO® brand and franchises are presented to shoppers and through the retail channel, as you make your mark on communication strategy development within the LEGO Group.
Encourage commercially effective communication
Based in Slough, UK your role will be critical to ensuring that Shopper Marketing Communications in EMEA are innovative, impactful and considered best-in-class by our retail partners and competition. Guiding, shaping, and stretching the Shopper Marketing Agency (SMA) Creative Team in EMEA, you ensure we deliver emotionally engaging, innovative and effective shopper and retail communications to support our marketing initiatives. Travelling 1-2 days a month, you will:
- Build a strong connection into the Global Shopper Strategy & Planning team to ensure insights, best practice and sound strategic decisions are leveraged in communications planning
- Engage with Market and Product Development business units across EMEA to champion the shopper creative agenda and ensure strong collaboration and coherence with the Consumer Marketing Agency creative teams who are responsible for consumer-facing aspects of campaigns
- Define, set-up and nurture the Creative-Studio environment for creative teams across the SMA EMEA sites
- Inspire a team of creative innovators
The Shopper Marketing Agency (SMA) is an award-winning internal creative agency and an international team across 3 sites in Denmark, UK and Germany. Here, 5 creative managers and an extended creative team of more than 20 people welcome you into a supportive team culture that will enhance your leadership as well as creative skills and help you develop a more generalist perspective than within a traditional agency environment.
A strong communications background
To be successful in this position, you need to champion the LEGO Group People Promise in your leadership style. While learning exactly what that entails, your high focus on leading and inspiring creative talent to continually exceed expectations is a great start. Your qualifications:
- You hold a design or communications related degree combined with solid experience in communications and/or creative development with a strong portfolio of impactful campaign development with digital and retail delivery focus
- You have solid experience in leading teams of creative talent to develop personally and collectively
- You have experience with client-facing creative delivery with strong communication and influencing skills
- Ideally, you have experience from both in-house and external agency environments and previous exposure to shopper marketing communications development
- It is a plus if you have previous experience in copywriting or an existing personal network within the copywriting community
Bringing it to life
“What is truly rewarding is working on a brand that impacts children’s lives across the globe, helping them develop their creativity, imagination and sense of achievement. Also, it is a unique opportunity to shape and lead others in delivering a consistently innovative and impactful shopper communications agenda,” says the Senior Director, SMA EMEA.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English, when you apply via the Apply button.