Here at Sparx we're using a scientific and research-based approach that takes the guesswork out of education. Through data and real-world classroom observation, we're investigating what makes the best learning experience in order to improve educational outcomes for students, today and tomorrow.
Our platform for Maths uses custom-built content and a powerful, data-driven web and mobile framework to deliver a tailored set of exercises, games and incentives that are redefining the limits of what young people can achieve.
We’re looking for people with a real passion for education and a belief in the power of technology to improve it; people who want a challenge and people who want to make a difference.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to become an essential part of our team. We are looking for someone to help bring Sparx material to life, producing content that is engaging and enjoyable. You will work within the creative Design team and support graphical design requests from the Content Science and School Partner teams.
- Creating mathematics diagrams, graphical layouts and vector illustrations to support student learning.
- Supporting the art creation process from concept through to completion by producing diagrams and graphics within our brand guidelines.
- Supporting the presentational style of our product to develop and maintaining the artistic vision.
- Listening to internal stakeholders and the team around you, understanding their needs, vision and interpreting their requirements.
- Helping to adhere to internal style guidelines, maintain the quality and the presentational style of the Sparx content.
- Working with the latest technologies to produce graphics for mobile and web applications.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer who enjoys working in a team and is passionate and dedicated about their work. You must be a self-motivator, reliable and creative. You will have experience of producing artwork from concept to completion and excellent attention to detail. You will have an impressive track record in delivering print and digital materials to tight deadlines.
You are a whirlwind of activity: proactive, dynamic and enthusiastic with the ability to multi- task. You will focus on the detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture. You will thrive under pressure and are used to fast-paced environments. In addition, you can adapt in the face of changing priorities and fluctuating workload.
In terms of specifics, the list below gives an overview of the skills and experiences we are looking for:
- Degree educated with a 2.1 or higher.
- Experience as a Graphic Designer/Illustrator, including producing graphics for the web.
- Highly proficient in use of design programs, especially Adobe Illustrator.
- An excellent and varied portfolio.
- An avid interest in all types of art and graphic design, with an extensive knowledge of colour theory and composition.
- Good understanding of typography.
- Ability to design for different age groups and target audiences: creating fun, student friendly graphics, designing formal documents for an adult/corporate audience and designing within company brand guidelines
- Attention to detail.
- At least a grade B at GCSE Maths.
- Design experience in the education sector
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
We would like to see a portfolio of your past and current works, especially focusing on any vector graphics/illustrations created in Adobe Illustrator. Please upload a link to this in your application either in PDF format or as a website link.
We’re about living life, not putting it on hold. Our generous benefits include substantial holiday leave and the chance to join our company pension. We have a range of on-site facilities for all employees to use free of charge. On site we have a netball court, a five-a-side football pitch, a running track, a pool table, an Olympic table tennis table, as well as an on-site gym with classes throughout the day. Our café serves delicious, local organic food. Did we mention it’s all free? On top of this you’ll have great views from your office window of the foothills of Dartmoor and boats out at sea on the horizon, with the beach just 20 minutes away. Plus, we’re constantly organising events and activities to support our charities, and to socialise. Our work is serious but we’re all about having fun while we do it!