Junior Architectural Technician
Are you a Junior Architectural Technician / Architectural Assistant with a desire to build a career within construction? I have landed a new role in West Byfleet, with a very reputable practice, working on a broad range of projects, looking to take on and train up a Junior Architectural Technician / Architectural Assistant. This would be the perfect move to begin your career within the construction industry.
- Position: Junior Architectural Technician / Architectural Assistant
- Location: Surrey, West Byfleet
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary/Rate: £20,000-£26,000 DOE
- Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright (Brighton branch - 01273 391010)
The company brief:
This well-established practice specialise in various projects throughout the UK and internationally, carrying out projects from concept design through to planning and on to the technical design stages. Their projects include residential, commercial office and leisure sectors, working with private and commercial clients. They pride themselves on their efficiency if the design and management of their projects. They typically undertake projects from a value of £100,000 up to £10m, ranging from refurbishment through to new build. As a result of increased demand for their expertise and continuous growth, this company now have the opportunity to take on and train up a Junior Architectural Technician / Architectural Assistant, preferably with some experience of AutoCAD and/or Revi.
- Ability to develop your skills and experience within the company.
- A competitive salary offered, depending on experience.
- 20 days holiday allowance + 8 bank holidays (increasing by 1 day every year, up to 25 days)
- Annual staff team building days, including an all-expenses paid day abroad at Christmas.
- Great social scene within the office, with regular social events.
- UK pension contributions.
- CPD training is encouraged and supported.
- Healthcare provided.
Your new role:
As a Junior Architectural Technician / Architectural Assistant, you will assist with formulating and communicating project briefs effectively to colleagues and carrying out studies and design proposals, for review. You will need to work as part of the team, learning to produce detailed drawings, using AutoCAD (and eventually Revit). You will need to collaborate with other members of the design team and ensure proposals conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards.
As well as knowing the UK Building Regulations, you will also need to assist with planning applications and appeals. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting residential, leisure and office projects across the UK, as well as international retail projects.
- A Junior Architectural Technician / Architectural Assistant with AutoCAD and/or Revit experience would be beneficial for your application to be progressed.
- You can be a college/degree graduate with little experience, but equally a 2:1 BSc in a Construction-related field (or Construction Engineering) is a bonus. The most important thing is a desire to build a career in construction and to want to work for the company long-term.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (including technical terminology).
- Strong verbal and graphic presentation skills.
- Strong organisation, design and technical detailing skills.
- A sound knowledge of the UK Building Regulations and experience of completing Planning Applications.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple jobs.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- UK Driving Licence would be advantageous but not essential.
What you need to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Matt Wright at Randstad CPE's Brighton branch, on 01273 391010, for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.