Our client based in Newton Abbot, Devon are a digital design and development agency working for large multi nationals and FMCG companies. Our client are now in need for Design Manager with experience as a Digital Designer to join and lead their team
As Design Manager you report directly to the Creative Director, Senior Project manager and Digital Strategist. Your role is heavily supported by the project management team and vice versa, with you being responsible for monitoring project plans, schedules, and briefs and following up tasks that are set, QA and adhering to the PM’s schedule. While still being a digital designer in every sense, it is your responsibility as the Design manager to work with the management team to co-ordinate and monitor design and graphics teams and ensure a smooth and pragmatic work flow. You will collaborate on projects with teams as a designer but also act to ensure that our client’s creative and innovative standards are upheld and creative boundaries pushed. You will also be required to meet with clients, attended conference calls (sometimes out of normal work hours), read client emails and listen to their project specifications and help translate their requests into solid briefs together with management.
As Design Manager you will perform many of the following tasks:
• Managing projects as a support to the project manager
• Collaborating with team members as a designer
• Pragmatically approaching projects to ensure both creative and business needs are met.
• Presenting of ideas internally
• Meeting customers
• Delegating tasks
• Conducting presentations
• Evaluating performance of co-workers
• Answering Client calls
• Regularly collaborate with marketing department
• Keeping Project management team well briefed on current timings, status and potential issues.
• Follow the company's brand guidelines
• Present to management
• Attend meetings or conference calls (sometimes out of normal working hours)
• Produce internal and social media promotional materials
• After Effects
Please apply with your CV & 5-6 Examples in a PDF.doc