Head of Design
Head of Design (1 year maternity cover contract)
We Are Family London is a small, yet perfectly formed, fast-paced creative events agency who offer unique, detailed creative, original design and in-depth industry knowledge. A ‘one stop shop’ for an events brief, from creative concepts through to design, production and build, delivery, event live days, guest management and guest logistics.
Covering a wide range of briefs, from large scale festival-style parties, corporate retreats, VIP dinners, brand installations, office interior design, to roadshows, swag briefs and corporate gifting.
WAF are going through a period of expansion and are looking to take on a Head Of Design to help support the growing design team during a period of maternity cover.
A hybrid role; we are looking for someone who is comfortable working within the 2D and 3D landscape and who is a confident conceptual designer and excellent team player.
You would be working closely with the Head of Creative, the lead Designer and Head of Creative Production.
The skill-sets required of this role are as follows;
Event design key responsibilities:
- Design, own and amend creative presentations
- Confident presenting ideas to clients and pitching
- Conceptualising event designs using moodboards and conceptual write ups
- Create 2D plans in Vectorworks
- Work in Sketchup to communicate event/build designs
- Create quick Photoshop visuals to support creative presentations
- Liaising with suppliers and production staff
- Art directing on-site builds
Graphic design key responsibilities;
- Conceive of and implement graphic design identity concepts for events
- Art direct graphic designers/artworkers to facilitate the roll out graphic concepts across a variety of assets from digital invites to physical event collateral
- Quality control of graphic assets as they are installed on site
- Knowledge of print processes
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a creative agency or similar role within event/exhibition design
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Illustrator and Indesign
- Excellent knowledge of Sketchup and Vectorworks
- Experience working creatively within brand or event style guidelines
- Be able to work on multiple projects, calmly under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Be content taking creative direction but also working collaboratively amongst the team
- Confident in proposing and discussing materials and methods of production to bring concepts to life and within budget
- Knowledge of Powerpoint/Keynote a bonus