My client is a small independent design agency in South Buckinghamshire and they are looking for a senior designer to work across campaigns, branding, packaging, presentations, websites, other digital and exhibitions. The role will be to generate creative concepts for communications, brand identities and develop them into fully designed applications and finished artwork.
- Outstanding creativity!
- Conceptual Skills; Responsible for generating innovative and creative design concepts for a wide range of marketing materials and brand identities, which deliver on business objectives and appeal to the relevant audiences.
- Develop concepts to finished standards across a variety of media
- Work seamlessly across print and digital with a good understanding of how best to use the relevant creative media to communicate specific messages.
- Excellent typographic skills.
- Take an active part in brainstorms, name generations etc…
- Manage workflow, deadlines and work alongside management within the organization.
- Good communications skills including the ability to brief internal and external suppliers (such as printers, photographers, illustrators and digital technicians).
- The ability to present design work and rationale in client meetings.
- The ability when needed to produce finished artwork to print ready standard across a variety of media.
- Manage junior staff and additional freelance staff when working as part of their team on a project.
Desired Skills & Experience
A passion for design, culture, and creative technologies. A conceptual thinker, who is creative
and able to represent the agency's business ethos. Also, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, problem
solver, pro-active, committed reliable, works well under pressure and a team player. Ambition
to learn and take on new responsibilities.
This position can be highly conceptual one day through to carrying out design application and print
ready artwork the next – Someone who is highly self –motivated and is a keen team player as well as
happy to take a creative lead without guidance if need be.
- A solid understanding of materials, off-line and online production processes and technologies.
- Proficiency in core Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and Acrobat
- Professional – to print standard. An understanding of digital design (Dreamweaver, html),
- Quark and PowerPoint.
Here is a check list of the skills you shoud have:
- Concepts and themes
- Logos and identities
- Photoshop visualization
- Websites (design not coding!)
Software Ideals checklist
- Photoshop – expert
- Illustrator – Expert
- Indesign – Very Good
- Web design, SEO etc… - Very Good