Business Development Manager
James Good is a corporate identity and branding consultancy, specialising in integrated business-to-business communications.
We are now setting up our London office in Stratford Place, just next to Bond Street station. Our main operational office is based in Swansea, South Wales. However, our attitude and aspirations are far more... London-like.
We are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to join our team and help us shout about everything we’re good at. This is an entirely new role and the right individual will be given the opportunity to grow and develop alongside the company’s own growth and development.
James Good is growing quickly - this appointment is an early phase of our London take-over and overall expansion plans!
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: 7 Stratford Place, London. W1C 1AY
This role reports to: Managing Director, James Good
Remuneration Package: £30,000 to £35,000 + Commission
Hours: Full Time - Preferably
Contract Period: Employed
Probation Period: 6 months
It is expected that the position holder will be experienced in generating new business in creative services to the corporate sectors. Following the company’s vision, values, marketing strategy and plan the position holder will be expected to:
- Generate a monthly prospect list, including key information relating to prospective clients for internal review.
- Enter prospect details into CRM, including any intelligence, actions or interactions.
- Work through prospect list and qualify prospects as leads.
- Conduct initial phone introductions and send introduction letters.
- Follow-up any leads / opportunities that didn’t quite materialise at regular intervals.
- Connect on relevant and agreed social platforms.
- Conduct initial meetings to further qualify leads and identify opportunities.
- Manage opportunities in CRM.
- If required, introduce Managing Director, James Good and attend further meetings.
- Work with MD to draft detailed proposals and amend as necessary.
- Work with MD to draft contracts and sign up new business.
- Handover client to project team, step back and watch the magic happen!
- Work with the team to develop further contacts from existing clients.
- Attend networking events, both during the day and relevant events in the evenings.
- And anything else that is agreed.
As a member of James Good, the position holder is also expected to:
- Maintain continued professional development through reading relevant publications.
- Know, understand and comply with James Good’s policies and working procedures.
- Support James Good’s culture and working environment.
Our ideal Business Development Manager will be someone that is:
- Entirely at home generating new business and negotiating sales.
- Self motivated, tenacious and target driven.
- An excellent verbal communicator who can think and articulate on their feet.
- A strong writer with attention to grammatical detail.
- A good presenter, comfortable presenting at board level.
- Able to extract key messages from case studies and turn them into sales messages.
- Able and willing to travel if an opportunity requires.
Internal Resources Available
Working Environment: London office (and a warm welcome at our Swansea office).
Hardware: Apple Mac, Keyboard, Mouse.
Software: Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Mail, Daylite CRM, Skype, GoToMeeting.
Communications: Mobile Phone, @jamesgood.co.uk Email, Skype, GoToMeeting.
Support: Account Management, Copywriting, Design, IT Support.
External Resources Available
Professional Associations: Design Business Association (dba).
Consultants: Shan Preddy - Leading consultant to the design sector.
Partners: 4 Roads - Leading experts in online community strategy & implementation.