This job is no longer available
Macmillan Education, part of the Macmillan Publishing Group is looking for some Managing Designers to join its very successful Design Department, to work on a number of courses within the International BELT publishing lists.
The roles include commissioning both text and cover design, setting and controlling budgets for the titles and ensuring that these are adhered to. The successful candidate will report to the Design Manager and work closely with in-house editorial, marketing and production teams. The Managing Designer will play a key role overseeing components from manuscript to disk delivery. You will work with freelance designers, and the in-house publishing team, to ensure that high quality creative design is achieved. You will ensure that all components are delivered on time and to budget and fulfill the needs of the International market.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A comprehensive knowledge of the publishing processes
• Experience of commissioning and managing design and illustration freelance suppliers, including creative specimen and cover designs, and technical typographical components
• Extensive knowledge of InDesign CS4 / CS6 (with good knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
• A working knowledge of html5, html, xml, CSS, Dreamweaver, Flash and Microsoft Office
• Strong organisational, project management and administrative skills
• The ability to manage a varied and demanding workload
• The ability to work on his/her own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills both written and verbal
• A positive attitude and commitment to aims of the department
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an enthusiastic and flexible individual to join our busy but friendly design team.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom. This position is likely to be based in Oxford initially and will be transferred to a Macmillan London office location, by the end of 2013. The positions are offered on a fixed term contract and permanent basis.
Closing date: 25th November 2012
To apply please visit our website by clicking on the Apply Now button
For more information on this position or careers within the Macmillan group, please visit www.macmillan.com